Payments & utility Account Services
Make an online utility, landfill or permit payment by clicking HERE.
We at Public Utilities are very pleased to present to our customers this convenient and quick way to access account history and make online payments. To access this service, login to your account.
- If you have not yet created an account, you will need to register.
- You will need Adobe to view your bill.
- Download Adobe Reader. Uncheck all the check boxes and then Install Adobe.
- You may need to turn your pop up blocker off.
To sign up for electronic bills, send us an email.
Please include your account number and/or service address, name on the account and email address (where you want the bill emailed).
Public Utility’s Online software provides up-to-date account information for both water and sewer. Through this secure site you can view billing history, payment activity, and service and consumption summaries.
- Payment history - View both applied and pending payments (payments entered but not posted) and current billing information
- Account information - Displays current balance, last payment made, account status, (active or inactive) and current billing information.
- Billing history - View your past bills including bill date, due date, balance forward, payments and adjustments, and current charge detail. Past bills can be easily viewed and printed.
- Service summary - View number of days in billing period, average daily water consumption, and total amount used in billing period.
- Online payments - We accept Visa, Discover, and Mastercard.
Protecting Your Privacy
To protect your privacy, the Water and Sewer Account Inquiry System requires you to enter your account number and a personal identification number (PIN) in order to gain access to the water and sewer account information.
Your account number is printed on your monthly statement and on any correspondence you have received from Public Utilities. Initially, a randomly assigned PIN number will be printed in the lower right hand corner of your monthly statement. Once you have successfully registered and entered a new PIN number, your PIN number will no longer print on your monthly statement.
The web server uses the latest standard to provide secure access for all connections. Utilities account information is retrieved from the City of Billing's IBM Power System. No sensitive information is actually stored on the web server.
Refunds are only given for customer accounts that have been closed and have a credit balance. If you have another water/sewer service account, the balance will be transferred to that account. If you have questions, please call (406) 657-8317.
Please call our service center at 406-657-8315, for assistance with Water, Sewer and Garbage services.
- Make a Payment or payment arrangement
- Request or Change Service(s)
- Request Auto-pay FORM
- Request Paperless Billing
For temporary roll-off containers call 406-657-8620.
For emergency after hours assistance call 406-657-8353.
Heights Water District
Residents living in portions of the Billings Heights area will receive their water services through the Heights Water District.
County Water District of Billings Heights
1540 Popelka Drive
Billings, Montana 59105
Heights Water District Website
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collected, Use, Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to answer a question, ship an order, etc.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.