|We are committed to providing convenient and affordable solid waste services to the citizens of our community. The City’s fully automated collection service allows our collection costs to remain the lowest in the region. |
Have a concern? Let us know: Garbage Collection Reporting
Collection Schedule & Route Maps
Garbage Collections 2023 Planned Closures
The Solid Waste Division continues operations on days prior to and following each holiday to ensure excellence in service. If service is delayed due to a holiday, it only affects the day of the holiday, and the days following it during the same calendar week. Delayed service will not carry on into the following week. Example: Thanksgiving, Thursday routes will be collected on Friday, and Friday routes will be collected on Saturday.
|Day after New Year’s 2023||Monday, January 2||On Schedule|
|Martin Luther King Day||Monday, January 16||On Schedule|
|President’s Day||Monday, February 20||On Schedule|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 29||Delayed one day|
|Independence Day||Tuesday, July 4||Delayed one day|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 4||Delayed one day|
|Veteran’s Day||Friday, November 10||On Schedule|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 23||Delayed one day|
|Day After Thanksgiving||Friday, November 24||Delayed one day|
|Christmas Day||Monday, December 25||Delayed one day|
|New Year's Day 2024||Monday, January 1||Delayed one day|
Solid Waste Service Guidelines
- We can ONLY collect garbage from the public right-of-way.
- Staff cannot come onto private property to remove items, even with your permission.
- Items weighing more than 75 pounds cannot be collected by Solid Waste workers.
- Call 406.657.8285 to schedule bulky pick-ups (items that don’t fit the bin due to size or quantity).
- Call 406.657.8315 option #3 to schedule extra garbage pick-ups.
- Items resulting from contract work such as landscaping or construction are the responsibility of the contractor, not the City.
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is accepted at the Billings Regional Landfill for drop-off.
- Use of commercial containers by residential customers is prohibited and is considered theft.
- Due to the high winds at the Landfill, please make sure your garbage is bagged and tied.
- Please refer to the City Ordinance 23-5849 for details.
Download Service At-a-Glance Flyer
Download Cardboard Recycling Guidelines