About Public Works
Each member of our community is touched daily by services the City of Billings Public Works Department provides. The Public Works Department carefully allocates available resources to provide services which protect public health and safety, as well as support the quality of life enjoyed by the Billings community:
- Engineering services, including project management
- Environmental monitoring and protection
- Stormwater management
- Street and traffic resource maintenance and repair
- Garbage collection
- Utilities operations
- Facility management, including the Billings Regional Landfill, the Water Treatment Plant, the Wastewater Reclamation Facility, two operation centers at the BOC, and the Utilities Service Center
- Fleet and equipment management
In all, the Department oversees facilities at 35 locations and manages $6 billion in assets each year.
The Public Works Department is in place to provide services critical to the community of Billings and surrounding areas while providing transparency, and being mindful stewards of all resources in our care.
Exceed expectations through innovation, integrity, and service to the community.
The budget is reviewed on an annual basis and presented to the City Council for approval of planned expenditures and fund maintenance.
Unbilled Water and Wastewater Reporting